Tuesday 24 January 2012

I jus' felt like runnin'....

Really finding my running mojo again. I am aiming this year to be fitter than ever before, and after 3 weeks training I am putting in a respective time of just over 23 mins for a 5km run.

There are various reasons why I am running.

Firstly, I love the freedom it gives me to think, relax, unwind and listen to music. It's MY time, just me, my ipod and the countryside around me.

Secondly for my health. Not only do I dislike feeling out of shape and wincing when I look in the mirror, but I have 2 small children who do not deserve a dad who keels over before they are old enough to look after themselves. I owe it to them to take every step I can to preserve myself until they are adults.

And thirdly, a few years ago I had the confidence to pose for an art class, au naturelle. I can't honestly say right now that I have the guts (physically or spiritually) to be able to do such a thing again. And I hate that, it feels like I've lost something. Not caring what others think is the key, but in order to achieve that, you have to like yourself a lot. And hopefully the running will help with this.






No comments:

Post a Comment