Tuesday 3 January 2012

2/366 "But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize..."

(Quoted from the Book of Philippians)

This is my watch. I just got my watch back from my wife - I lent her it for a few months because her watch broke. But she got a new one for Christmas, which pleased me no end :)

I am very proud of my watch because it is very symbolic of a great success.

Last year I set some goals at the start of 2011. One of these was to meet one of my photography heroes, Rankin. And I did. This watch, one from a very limited edition, was a gift from Rankin and Swatch, given to all those who attended the opening of his fantastic Eyescapes exhibition in London. At the exhibition I met him, talked to him and was very much inspired in many ways. He was a great guy! And I even got to take his photo - which was quite a moment!

So - yay! I did it! In fact I met ALL my goal targets last year. Well done me! But... what now?

It would be very easy to relax, feel smug, and keep harping on about past successes. Humans are very good at it. But the downside is that this can knock us off target, it can slow us up, or even kill our progress.

Ironically past achievements mean very little. They are in the past. They don't exist any more. They amount, to very little more than nothing... except good memories.

The only thing to do is press on, something I am setting as a massive goal for 2012...

No comments:

Post a Comment