Monday 30 April 2012

93/365 - Up'n'at 'em...

I've been doing a lot more running lately, and I'm proud to say I've got the 10km well and truly bagged.

But rather than bore you with running information, or describing the terrible chafing injuries etc... I thought I'd tell you what was on my iPod playlist.

Aha - Take On Me
Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son
Rush - Spirit of Radio
AC/DC - Fire Your Guns
Wolfmother - Joker And The Thief
Vince deCola - Training Montage (from Rocky IV - my "power song"!)


Some runners - the real experts - run without music. Which I can only express awe for - I simply could not do it. Because the music I listen to, is not only to help me run. It's the REASON for running.

Running allows me the space and time to escape to the world of music, to let my mind float away with those memorable melodies, and killer riffs. Without running I simply would not find the time or inclination to stop and have a bit of a listen to some prog rock, or pop on my headphones and enjoy a bit of Gaga.

So while my legs are exploring the local terrain, my mind, ears and heart are elsewhere, lost in a world within itself, with a language we all understand (to quote Sir Stevie Of Wondershire)...

Running enthusiasts can check out the stats for today's run here: http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_GB/plus/#//runs/detail/139773726/1360905466/?sitesrc=PLiAPP_fbk_pub

No comments:

Post a Comment