Saturday 15 May 2010

What Makes Me Unique?


Now there's a question for a sleepy Saturday morning!

I met with a lovely lady yesterday who is an expert at marketing, social networking and all that good stuff. She was talking about how a business needs to have impact, be essential, and be unique. These three can form an equation that can measure the potential success of a venture.

I was reminded again of something James Kaan said that impacted me greatly about the time I set up Way Ahead:

"Observe what everyone else is doing, then do the opposite!"

Now I don't strive to be individual. I don't deliberately go out of my way to be obtuse, because that would be pretentious and fake.

What I do try and do is something another wise man once told me, I just get on with what I'm doing, and not worry about what the others are doing, what they are succeeding at, or if they are having a go at me.

My uniqueness is found in the thing I want to do, not the things I do to try and make it a success. And it's very easy to get sidetracked if not careful.

I have to remember that I don't take photos to get clients and work.
I get clients, and I get work, so that I can take photos.

If I keep it that way round, I think my uniqueness will show...

No comments:

Post a Comment